Hussain Abid Syed
Universität Siegen, BMBF-Arbeitsgruppe KONTIKAT
Universität Siegen, Campus Unteres Schloss, Kohlbettstraße 17
Raum: US-G 006
- Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter in der Nachwuchsforschergruppe KONTIKAT an der Universität Siegen, seit 1. Januar 2019
- Intership als Forscher in Dice research group, Uni. Paderborn (2018)
- Masters in Computer Science, DAAD Scholar, Uni. Paderborn (2017)
- Software Engineer, Islamabad Stock Exchange, (2011-2013)
- Bachelor in Software Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Pakistan (2011)
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Disaster Management (Crisis Management)
- Interactive and Assistive Technologies (HCI)
- Fact checking, Chat bots and Natural Language Processing (Data Science)
- Web Services and On the fly computing (Web Engineering)
- FactFinders; implemented the trustworthiness model and graph based fact finding algorithms for Open Data. This development was based on Jeff Pasternack’s research.
- Mining behavioral service specifications from execution traces; implemented as a proof of concept for „Reverse Engineering Models from Implementations“.
- Authenticated information systems; implemented as a group project, a framework for secure data storage and transfer in a distributed scenario.
- Programming teaching aid; a virtual tutoring dashboard to help students learn a programming language like C++.
- School Management System; implemented to facilitate efficient management and operational activities of an educational institution
Crisis management has evolved over a course of iterations giving rise to the concept of business continuity management (BCM). As illustrated by British Standards Institution : BCM is [A] holistic management process that identifies potential threats to an organization and the impacts to business operations that those threats, if realized, might cause, and which provides a framework for building organizational resilience with the capability for an effective response that safeguards the interests of its key stakeholders, reputation, brand and value-creating activities. According to ISO 22301:2012 , BCM system constitutes of the overall management system that establishes, implements, operates, monitors, reviews, maintains and improves business continuity. The adoption of BCM as a system and practise is bound by the liaison between regulatory authorities and organizational networks. Crisis and their outcomes in terms of socio-economic and statutory percussions are strong metrics influencing the emulative adoption of BCM. Regulations and legislations towards certifications and accreditations as good practices which are necessary for an organisation’s legitimacy and acceptance, set strong foundation for the adoption of BCM among organisations, which intent to become resilient and stay connected in the network of organizations. British Standards Institution. 2006. BS 25999-1:2006 Business continuity management. Part 1: Code of practice, London. U.K: BSI British Standards  ISO 22301. 2012. Societal security – Business continuity management system. Retrieved March 21, 2019 from https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#
Abid, Syed Hussain, Samana Zehra and Haseeb Iftikhar. “Using computer aided language software for teaching and self-learning.” 2011 14th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning (2011): 102-106.
Abid, Syed Hussain and Huma Ayub Vine. “An Efficient and Simplest Algorithm for Intelligent Comments Generation of the Input Code that is in High Level Language.” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (2012).